Thursday, January 23, 2014

Circle Dance 2" and 6" Squares Added


How are you coming along on the Circle Dance Afghan? I'm enjoying seeing the photos on Ravelry and Facebook. If this is the first you've read about this fun Crochet Along project, go HERE to read all about it and see the posts from the last couple of weeks for all the details.

Some people are having a bit of trouble getting the correct size blocks. Tamara over on www.mooglyblog.com wrote a great article on this subject, and rather than repeat her words, I'll send you over there to get the scoop. Here's the article:

http://www.mooglyblog.com/make-work-getting-afghan-squares-size-need/

Basically, you can add a round of sc, hdc or dc to the block as needed, with (2 sts, ch 2, 2 sts) in corners to get the correct size.

I've posted the 2" and 6" blocks on this post so now all the patterns are posted.

http://carolynchristmasdesigns.blogspot.com/2014/01/circle-dance-4-and-10-square-patterns.html

I've saved these two for last because the math on these is a little different from all the others. The others all start with 14 dc and increase in multiples of 14. The 2" circle starts with 12 dc, and the 6" circle starts with 16 dc. The reason for this is that, for the 2" circle, 14 does not divide evenly by 4 to make a square, so I used 12. For the 6" circle, I needed the last round to be divisible by 4, and 14 x 3 is not divisible by 4 so I used 16. Handy the way it all works out, isn't it?

I hope you're getting along nicely with your afghan blocks. My project is going well and I can hardly resist starting another one! Next week I'll post about sewing the blocks together.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there I am getting on great and ready to put it all together - I await your instructions :)) mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sewn together-ready for edge instructions. Thank You!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandy,

    I'm going to post border instructions next week-- I had to go out of town to help my daughter with something and don't have my afghan or camera with me! I'm basically just going to add a few rounds of dc with (2dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in each corner for the border.

    ReplyDelete